CareersJoin our passionate, dedicated and experienced team
Melbourne & Adelaide
Quartek provides a range of engineering services to the aerospace, land vehicle, maritime, rail and energy sectors, with a strong emphasis on supporting Defence and Defence industry within Australia. From contracts, to concepts, planning and analysis, through to in-service and manufacturing support, we have the capability to help our clients deliver.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Structural Engineer with at least 5 years of technical experience and expertise in FEA/FEM (preferably with HyperWorks) to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting structural analysis and design of various structures and mechanical systems to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Conducting structural analysis and design of various structures and systems using FEA, FEM, and HyperWorks.
- Identifying and assessing structural defects and recommending repairs or modifications.
- Reviewing and approving design changes for structural integrity.
- Collaborating with other engineering disciplines to ensure system integration and performance.
- Participate in the development of proposals and technical reports.
- Staying informed of advancements in the industry and incorporating new technologies and methodologies into designs as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- At least 5 years of technical experience in structural engineering and analysis
- Basic skill using FEA or FEM analysis.
- Has a working knowledge of or is willing to learn Hyperworks
- Familiarity with industry standard design and analysis tools such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, and NASTRAN
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Australian Citizen. Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian defence security clearance if required by the position.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for advancement within the company. If you are passionate about structural engineering and have a desire to work with state-of-the-art analysis tools, please submit your application today.